APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2022 GOLF SEASON!
To Apply: Email Cover letter, resume and minimum of three professional references to Scott Hovis, Executive Director- firstname.lastname@example.org
The Missouri Golf Association (MGA) and the Missouri Junior Golf Foundation (MJGF) are able to offer Summer Internships through the USGA P.J. Boatwright, Jr. Grant.
USGA P.J. Boatwright, Jr. Internship position focusing on Missouri Golf Tournament Operations designed to provide valuable hands-on experience to an individual who is interested in pursuing a career in golf administration, sports management, or event management.
Missouri Golf Association and Missouri Junior Golf Foundation located in Jefferson City, MO.
The MGA was established in 1905. With over 9000 members and 198 member clubs it is our mission promote the best interests and true spirit of the game of golf throughout the State of Missouri.
The MGA will be hiring 4 summer Interns
3 Operations Internships 3 month paid Boatwright Internship (Mid May – Mid August)
1 Communications Internship 3 month paid Boatwright Internship (Mid May – Mid August) JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Interns will assist in the management of in-office tournament process and support all competitions, while developing working relationships with our members, tournament volunteers and club representatives. These positions will provide an experience for individuals seeking to pursue a career in golf administration. This internship requires immense teamwork and cooperation.
Application Deadline: We encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter by March 15, 2022
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in day to day tournament operations for MGA Championship and Junior Golf events.
- Perform pre and post tournament tasks (course set-up, course marking, registration, etc.)
- Provide membership support for tournament software and registration inquires.
- Provide telephone assistance to members and member clubs
- Assist with the management of MGA and MJGA social media accounts
- Provide assistance to Ken Lanning Golf Center as needed
Traits & Experience:
- Background in golf and interest in golf administration as a career preferred
- Self-motivated and personable with strong work ethic and enthusiasm
- Ability to handle conflict situations and communicate effectively.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Good leadership and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to lift equipment and spend extended periods of time in extreme outdoor conditions.
- Flexibility to work extended days, early mornings. Some weekends and travel overnight.
- Ability to live near the MGA headquarters for the duration of the internship.
Compensation: Up to $2000 a month
Job related expenses covered: uniforms, meals and hotel accommodations while traveling
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Email Cover letter, resume and minimum of three professional references to:
Scott Hovis, Executive Director- email@example.com
To perform the job successfully, it is very important the Interns demonstrate the following competencies: performs multi-task under pressure; adheres to time deadlines; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops and maintains strong professional relationships with players and other team members, rules officials, and golf course management; speaks clearly and persuasively; looks for ways to improve and promote quality and increase productivity; prioritizes and plans work activities; demonstrates a high level of accuracy and thoroughness; and meets productivity and quality standards of the MGA.
Time and Travel
The job requires a large amount of travel throughout Missouri. The employee will be required to work contiguous days and flexible scheduling is required over a seven day week. Applicant must be willing to work some weekends, early mornings and evenings.
Missouri Golf Association
2415 Hyde Park Dr
PO Box 104164
Jefferson City, MO 65110