81st Women’s Amateur Championship
July 15-17, 2019
Bogey Hills Country Club, St. Charles
1120 Country Club Dr.
St. Charles, MO 63303
Entries are open to female amateur golfers who play at clubs or courses who are members of the Missouri Golf Association. Must have a current USGA Handicap Index from an authorized USGA club.
- Must be an individual member in good standing in the Association.
- Must own, rent or lease property in the State of Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas prior to the first day of the tournament.
- Student entrants: Must attend an educational institution in the State of Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas. If attending an educational institution outside the State of Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas, their parent(s) or guardian(s) must own, rent or lease property in the State of Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas as their primary residence prior to the first day of the tournament.
- Must have a current USGA Handicap Index (Hdcp/I) from an authorized USGA club.
- Entries are subject to rejection at any time by the MGA. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming conduct or improper dress.
- All entrants must adhere to The Rules of Amateur Status as specified by the USGA.
- This is a fifty-four (54) hole stroke play competition.
- The MGA Women’s Amateur Champion shall be the player with the lowest fifty-four (54) hole total score.
The MGA Women’s Mid-Amateur Champion (player must be over the age of 25) shall be the player with the lowest fifty-four (54) hole total score.
- Any contestant may compete for the title of MGA Amateur and Mid-Amateur Champion and play from the Championship division course OR forfeit the right to compete for the title of MGA Amateur Champion and Mid-Amateur Champion and play the Open Division course. A contestant with a Hdcp/I of 7.9 and below must compete in the Championship Division.
- The three day low gross score shall determine the Amateur Champion and the Mid-Amateur Champion (25+). Ties for the Championship shall be decided by a sudden death playoff beginning on a hole determined by the Tournament Committee. All other ties shall be decided according to the USGA Rules of Golf, Appendix 1, Part C, Section 10, Stroke Play (c), paragraph 1 (last nine holes shall be 10-18).
- Any contestant with a handicap index of 8 or above can choose to play in the Open Divisions.
A player can choose to play in the Open Amateur Division, Open Mid-Amateur Division (25+)
Open Divisions will be flighted and paired based on 36 hole scores for the final round.
- Play is governed by The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA, and where applicable, by the Local Rules consistent with USGA rules.
- Entry Deadline: 7 days before start date
- Entries must be correctly completed, including mandatory Hcp/I information.
- All entries are subject to approval by the Board of Directors of the Missouri Golf Association.
- Entry fees shall be refunded less a $30.00 administrative fee, if withdrawal occurs prior to the entry deadline stated above, or if the field is full on the first day of play. If the field is not full, there shall be no refund for a withdrawal made after the Entry Deadline.
- All entrants are expected to complete tournament play. If one withdraws for a reason deemed unacceptable by the Tournament Committee, she shall be ineligible to play in Association competitions.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (first 156 players)
Sunday – July 14
Players can play 1 practice round the week leading up to the event (based on availability) or play after Noon on July 13 or 14
Call the pro-shop for a tee time
NEW 5-8 PM – Players reception – St. Charles CVB and Bogey Hills will host a opening night cocktail party and hors’d oeuvres reception
Monday – July 15
First Round, 18 holes stroke play
7:30 AM First tee time
Tuesday – July 16
Second Round, 18 holes stroke play
7:30 AM First tee time
Open Flights will be flighted after 36 holes
Wednesday – July 17
Final Round, 18 holes stroke play
7:30 AM First tee time
Presentation of Awards will follow
MEMBERSHIP / ENTRY FEE
Yearly membership fee is $35
Entry Fee $185 Amateur Championship
Entry Fee: $185 Mid-Amateur Championship
Entry Fee: $225 Amateur/Mid-Amateur Championship
Entry Fee: $185 Open Amateur Flight
Entry Fee: $185 Open Mid-Amateur Flight
Entry Fee: $225 Open Amateur/Mid-Amateur Flight
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
Practice Round, Championship Rounds and Range Balls
Players are responsible for Cart Fees in pro shop for the practice round
We want to extend our appreciation to the St. Charles CVB and Bogey Hills for their sponsorship!
The St. Charles CVB will provide breakfast Mon-Wednesday
The St. Charles CVB will provide lunch Mon-Wednesday
Carts or pull carts are allowed during all portions of the Championship.
Championship flight will be playing a combination of Gold/Red tees at 5529 yards
Open flight will be playing the Red tees at 5060 yards